Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Being Broken

Do you know what it's like?
Being broken?
It started with just a little ice
and a little fracture in my left knee from a previous fall. 
I was walking out to my car on January 16th, 2016 to go to Walmart for some coconut oil ( a girl needs shiny healthy hair). Luckily I was walking with Michael, my better half. Next thing I know, I'm writhing on the ground in pain. 
The ambulance came and took me to the hospital, the paramedics had to cut my clothes off to get to my injuries. I had dislocated my elbow, broken my wrist, and broken my left kneecap in half. 
The first few days in the hospital are a blur, all I really know is that this happened:

I wish they would have just salted the drive like they were supposed to. I had surgery on my knee and my wrist now. They look like this:


I was in a wheelchair for the first couple of weeks, I'm only just getting around now on my own two feet. There's a lot of recovery still to go. 

I have an appointment today with my physiotherapist for my wrist, hopefully I'm doing better than expected and this splint can come off soon. 
I will continue to update everyone via this blog. 
At least now I have time to write ☺️
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristie. Good for you for getting back up and getting to a speedy recovery... You never know what life will throw at you.....

    ReplyDelete